Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cabinets

I did quite a bit of work yesterday. I moved boxes out of one of the bedrooms, so now it's only about half as full as it was. That's progress.
I also spent quite awhile on the cabinets yesterday. The end goal is painting them this creamy white color that will (eventually) match all of the doors and trim in the rest of the house.

This is what the cabinet doors looked like. Boring. I should have taken an up close picture of the handles, because they are straight from the 50's. But, now they are gone forever!








Here are most of the removed cabinet doors. And now you get your first glimpse of the current linoleum in the kitchen! That is one of the first things that will go. It will be replaced with new vinyl tile that is oh so pretty!








These are some of the hinges we took off. I'm pretty sure I have carpal tunnel after taking all of those screws out! Each door had 4 screws holding it onto the cabinet and 9 to 10 screws holding the hinges and handle on.







And here are part of the cabinets sans doors, just as a reference point.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Please oh please oh please let me help you paint those suckers! I am done with student teaching and I will have so much free time after Monday!