Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

New Beginnings

Ta-Da! Our new home! We can't move in entirely until mid- July due to our existing lease, but we're excited to begin renovations until we move in! I'm not going to post pictures of the inside of the house until it's been cleared out, but here is the front!





It's a two bedroom, one bathroom house with a good sized kitchen/ dining room and living room. It also has a creepy basement that I won't spend much time in at all! I'll let my dear hubby make his man cave down there and I'll leave him be.


We've had two real work days so far! The first consisted of changing the locks and clearing a few things out. The second was much more visually appealing as we were able to begin planting flowers! The little red ones (impatiens, we think) we planted in the flower box on our porch and along the front of the porch should spread out and take over that whole area (fingers crossed!)

We planted 50 of them and they do look sparse for now, but hopefully it won't take too long to have them fill in a bit.

This is the only thing we've planted in the back yard so far. Two little strawberry plants! I can't wait for them to grow up all big and strong! For those of you in my area, Ace Hardware is having a sale on strawberry plants right now... 2 plants for $3. I may need to invest in some more...

This is not the best picture, but these are two azaleas! I should try and take a better picture, but they are a gorgeous shade of purple. They're a little weather beaten after the storms last week, but they'll be beautiful again soon!
We're going to plant other flowers around those azaleas. We don't currently have any other starter plants, but we have oodles of seeds. We have alyssum, moss roses, petunias, wildflowers, sweet peas, and one other type that I can't remember right now.

I'm excited to see how everything looks in the coming weeks!

No comments: