Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

More Gardening!

Weeds! There are four large trees in the front yard, but only 2 of them have these handy little mini-gardens around them. And they were both entirely covered in weeds when I got to them. This is after I had pulled about half of the weeds (and a small tree) out. Our plan is to eventually replace the old wood planks around them with a pretty stone border and to add a border to the other two trees as well.




This is the other tree after I got all the weeds out and planted some impatiens around it. I actually took half of the impatiens out from the front of the house to plant these. But, I planted something even better in the front!
The smaller tree doesn't have the impatiens around it. But I did plant Wildflower seeds around both trees. I can't wait until those come up! I hope that the acidity of the soil doesn't kill them! (These are both Black Walnut Trees and are notorious for killing flowers.)



As I mentioned before, I pulled out half of the impatiens from in front of the front porch. I planted Day Lilies behind the remaining Impatiens!

Day Lilies! Hopefully mine will be as pretty.
























 Here you can see the Day iLilies a bit better, it's hard to see the tiny Impatiens from this distance.

And yes, we plan on painting at our earliest possible convenience! The paint is old and peeling off and could use some TLC.

Hopefully this is easy enough to see! I made a little chart showing what is planted and where it is planted. If you can't read the names then here is a guide:
Purple: Azaleas
Blue: Sweet Peas
Orange: Day Lilies
Red: Impatiens
Pink: Unknown Bulb

No comments: