Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Move In!

So very tired... but, we've moved! There were a remarkable amount of issues with the move, but I don't think I've ever heard of a move going smoothly! I still have things to pack at the apartment (the kitchen, bathroom, and some closets) because I ran out of boxes and time. The vast majority of everything was taken by the movers and is at the house. Which we managed to finally empty out and clean less than 12 hours before the movers showed up.

We put up curtains the day before move in.

The part of the kitchen that is (mostly) painted. I love the white against the blue!

The empty living room! Note the unpainted space... I'm not a spaz, I swear!

More of the living room.

One of many piles of boxes I get to unpack!

Joey with our much deserved treat after a long day of moving
It's going to be a long road ahead of us to get everything unpacked, painted, fixed up, and replaced. I am ready for this adventure though. I've finally stopped fighting it because it finally feels like it might feel like home someday. It's amazing what difference a good cleaning, your familiar furniture, your hubby and your cat can make in a house! We're going to make this house a home and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Breenah said...

The only way to unpack is with alcohol!

Anonymous said...

And now you get to enjoy the time honored tradition of not getting around to unpacking the last few boxes for years to come!