Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Day in the Life

I've noticed that quite a few bloggers are doing "Day in the Life" posts right now and I decided that this would be a great change up from all of the renovation and moving posts! Those two topics are not all this blog will be, it's just been my entire life for the past few months. Expect changes around here!

Normal Work Day
6:30am: Wake Up
7:00am: Get to work and turn on Beverly Hillbillies (I'm a caretaker for my husband's grandma who has         Alzheimer's)

7-8am: Try to stay awake while watching Beverly Hillbillies. No matter how much sleep I get at night, I usually can't hardly keep my eyes open for this hour!

8-10am: Turn the channel to Matlock. I also usually eat some breakfast in this time slot. I'm currently addicted to frosted shredded wheat, though I recently went through an oatmeal phase.

10am-12pm: We watch In the Heat of the Night. (Are you noticing a trend that not one show I watch at work was made later than the 80's?)

12-1pm: My darling hubby comes over for lunch! I try to have a hot lunch waiting for us. Recently we've all been into grilled cheese and tomato soup. I make a mean grilled cheese and I make them faster than you'd think possible. I amazed Joey once when he stepped out to smoke and I had 8 grilled cheese sandwiches waiting when he got back. I'm a bit of a grilled cheese ninja.

(We watch hour 1 of The Waltons during this hour!)

1pm-3pm: We watch Bonanza. I'm seriously getting into this show. I can't explain why, I really can't. It might have something to do with that fact that Pernell Roberts is quite attractive. Seriously, look at him... he's yummy. Sorry Joey!

Google him, or dig up an episode of Bonanza to watch.
During this Bonanza-fest, I start working on some homework. I know that this picture probably seems absurd, but I am so excited to get finished with college! I have 2.5 more weeks in this term and then I'm down to my last 1 class! That class is actually for duel credit, it finishes my last "Upper Division" credit hours and it begins my Teacher Licensure Program! Woo!

I also try to cook something tasty for dinner so that I don't have to waste time on it when I get home.

3pm-5pm: We watch hours 2 and 3 of The Waltons. I've watched this show for so many months now, for so many hours a day, that even though it ran for 10 years... I've seen every episode once if not two or three times.
Off and on during the day, Joey and I usually email each other. We send silly emails and funny links we've found. Like this little gem Joey sent earlier www.funnyordie.com/videos/d31242caae/slow-loris-with-a-tiny-umbrella

Some days I get to leave at 4:30 and some days I wait until Joey picks me up at 5:30. Once we get our other car working again, I will always head out at 4:30!

5:30-10:30pm: We usually stay home most weeknights, we're cuddle bugs. We usually watch some tv (from this century), eat some dinner, and do some interneting (it's a word now). Right now we also spend some time unpacking or working on the house a bit. Sometimes we work in some crafting for me and some "tinkering" for Joey... he has circuits and things? I don't understand it. haha. Then we read before bed.  Rinse and repeat the next day!

Our weekends involve much less tv and much more renovating and unpacking, crafting and tinkering, and sometimes friends!


Like I said, I want to start posting things that aren't always about the house. Any ideas for anything you'd like to see on here?


All of these pictures came from either Pinterest or Google images.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As if I'd argue about whether or not 'interneting' is a word. I'm all for the verbing of nouns. It might be spelled 'internetting', though.

I like how sloths are creepy, but a loris with an umbrella is funny.

Rachel said...

I can spell words I make up however I want. Rules of grammar be damned!

And Sloths are terrifying. Seriously, seriously terrifying. That loris is adorable.