Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Little Lost

Well kiddos, I'm not really sure what is going to happen with this blog. I love blogging, but I've lost a good chunk of what I was going to blog about.

We are having to move out of the house we just moved into at the end of July.

As mentioned before and in the About page, the house we are living in is Joey's grandma's. She can't live there due to health reasons, so our plan was to live there and fix it up (which would constitute as our rent) so that when it needed to be sold, they could sell it for more money.

In the past few months we've really accomplished quite a bit.
  • Organized and packed Joey's grandma's belongings.
  • Moved all of the belongings and furniture out.
  • Cleaned years worth of dirt and grime out of the house.
  • Had a garage sale to sell unwanted items.
  • Replaced the decaying shower with beautiful tile and brand new fixtures.
  • Painted yellowed walls and ceilings.
  • Replaced the floor in the bathroom.
  • Replaced the toilet in the bathroom.
  • Fixed broken doors.
  • Patched holes in walls and areas that weren't smooth.
  • Etc.


We've done a good deal of work and spent countless hours fretting about the house and all the drama that accompanied it and working on fixing the house up.



There are a few reasons that we are moving out, but the main reason is that we were told to not put any more money into the house as it will need to be sold faster than originally anticipated. We could stay a few more months (as we've put in enough supplies to constitute rent through December) but A) We don't want to unpack and get settled only to have to start repacking again a month or so later and B) Without putting more money into this house, it isn't really liveable the way it is right now.



I am excited about the move and I love the apartment we picked out. At the same time, I'm sad about the possibilities that we are losing out on with the house we were living in. It was fun to know that we could do anything to that house to make it look amazing. You are so limited with what you can do in an apartment.

I'm going to go through everything I own as I repack and reorganize for this next move so that I can purge all the unnecessary items. I have so much and I just don't feel like I need so much stuff.



So, since we're moving back into an apartment and that means the vast majority of what this blog was going to be is a project that will no longer be carried out. I am still planning on blogging, but I probably won't do much until I decide what I want out of it. I will be back, I'm just not sure when or what will be here when I do return.

No comments: