Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Treasures

Joey and I went on a massive garage sale/ antique store spree on Saturday that lasted no less than 6 hours. We had a blast driving all over Lawrence searching for treasures. I have a very clear idea of how I want to decorate the kitchen. This is the only room that I have such a defined plan for, probably because it's the only room we've really worked on at this point!

Because the walls will be blue and the cabinets and island will be white, I want to do a take on an old country kitchen. I want clean whites, lacy curtains, and antique pieces. Depending on my mood and the season, my plan is to have yellow or pink accents.

Here are some of the pieces I've found so far that I'm in love with. Not all of them will be displayed at once, but I will have my great-great grandmother's buffet when I move in (pictures later) so I will be able to store the rest of them in order to decorate by season!


This is about 4 inches tall and adorable.

The view from the top. I love the edges.


The plan here is to paint it white. I don't like the current color, but I love the shape.
I am completely in love with this pitcher.

These are adorable little glasses.

This looks so good on that white corner cabinet.

I have 12 of these and tons of ideas.

Vases for flowers.














































And that's all of them so far! I spent less than $20 on everything shown here (including the other 11 mason jars not pictured). I'm still looking for white plates to make a plate wall with. I'll post pictures once everything is up and decorated!

1 comment:

Breenah said...

I just came across this article the other day and it fits in perfectly with you painting the one vase.
http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/08/from_craft_kitsch_to_cool.html