Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Ideas for the Bathroom

I said yesterday that I would have some pictures of our house renovation up today, but unfortunately I'm not quite ready yet. I've been working on painting the three sets of shelves in the bathroom. I have two of them finished, but I want the last one to be ready before I put up some pictures!

I still wanted to have a post for today, so I thought I would show you all what I'm planning for the bathroom. I've never lived somewhere that didn't have any enclosed cabinet space in the bathroom before. I'm trying to get creative on storage for the bathroom so that it looks neat and tidy and so that we don't have medications and things just sitting out all over the place!

I've always been... well, less than neat and tidy all the time so as I unpack and organize my house I'm trying to really be realistic about storage. I want everything to have a place so that I can keep everything in its place! Here is what I'm thinking about for the bathroom:

This is the bathroom set we have right now. We have the soap dispenser, toothbrush holder, and shower curtain in this pattern. I really like it and we just got them for our wedding last year, so everything is going to be centered around this. We're going to paint the walls green and the shelves and trim will be cream to help keep things light.
Bed, Bath & Beyond

In the Pottery Barn catalog I received a few weeks there was a close up on the shelf area of this bathroom and I fell in love. This was very close to the idea I had for my bathroom, so it's a good inspiration picture! I love the canisters and jars on the shelves. My plan is to have different jars, canisters, and baskets on each shelf so that they all match on one shelf but each shelf is different. Did that make sense?
Pottery Barn

I want small baskets like this one on the shelves to hold toothpaste, hair spray, medications, hair brushes, combs, etc. so that they aren't all sitting out looking messy. I'll use the clear jars for items such as cotton balls, q-tips, and other items that will be uniform in one jar.
IKEA

One of the three sets of shelves has three rows and is much deeper and larger than the rest. I want to keep my towels and washcloths on two rows and then my hair straightener, blow dryer, and other larger items on the third row. However, I don't want them sitting out so I want to get lined baskets like these for each row. One basket just like these (but longer) will fit perfectly on each row.
Pottery Barn

Finally, I would really like a hamper that matches all of the wicker baskets in the room. I'm in love with this one right now.
 Bed, Bath & Beyond

What do you think? Any ideas or suggestions? And don't forget to check back over the weekend to see the pretty new paint on the shelves!

1 comment:

Breenah said...

Love where this is going!