Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm still here!

Happy Tuesday! And why is it happy, you ask? Because it is not Monday and therefore it is one day closer to Friday. You have to find the bright side!

Another bright side is that we've finally made some more progress on the house! Things have slowed down since we moved in because we've been exhausted. We've been taking some time off and we haven't even been unpacking as much as we should have been. But, Joey's been working on the house a bit and I've been unpacking here and there and it'll all get done eventually. We're really enjoying not having to work at a break neck pace anymore!

This is a project we finished awhile back, but I never put up official before and after pictures!

Didn't he do an amazing job? I love how the tile looks and the nice shiny new fixtures! The bathtub itself is stained beyond repair (you can see it in the bottom 'After' picture there) so we'll be getting it refinished in the not too distant future.

Pretty! We'll get nicer fixtures later, for the time being we just wanted new ones.




Joey painted the bedroom closet this weekend and patched that hole that was being covered with... cardboard and duct tape. The paint is still drying in the after picture, so it looks a little splotchy. It looks great now! We're still planning on putting in a new bar, painting the trim and replacing the door.



I finally bought Joey his birthday present. It was only... three weeks late. Eep. However, he loves it and has been cooking up a storm on his new grill/smoker.

Grilling some delicious burgers.
While he was grilling, I wandered around the yard and took some pictures.

One of five little mushrooms growing on our picnic table that is badly in need of a new coat of paint.


We have this plant in the yard that has huuuuuuuge leaves.

That's all for today my lovelies! I'll be posting again tomorrow about my dream yard, so come back and check it out!

And go click that "follow" button if you don't follow me already!

1 comment:

andi {the hollie rogue} said...

wow, the transformation is incredible! great job! thanks so much for entering my giveaway and for following me. I tried to follow you back, but couldn't see the button.

blessings friend,
Andi