Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting Settled

We officially have all of our belongings at the house! We've turned in our apartment keys and now our life doesn't have to be split between two homes. I'm really excited to finally be able to spend more time with the hubby instead of constantly being in two places all the time. Now when we're working on unpacking or fixing up the house, we can be working on it together!

Moving was tragic. Haha, ok that's probably a bit of an exaggeration but it was not fun at all. We were up until the wee hours of the night on Saturday trying to finish up the apartment, got up really early to continue working on it, and never really did finish. Ooops. Goodbye deposit check! After it took so much time to get everything out of the house before we moved in, we just did not have the time to get all of our own stuff done. I can't even feel bad about not finishing because I know that we spent every second of every day (after work) getting things ready. Every night for weeks we would get home, have dinner, and immediately go to bed to get less sleep than we should have. Not going to lie... it was a miserable existence for awhile. But... IT'S OVER!

I have 1.5 million boxes to put away (I don't exaggerate. Ever.) and I'm excited to do it. I want to turn this house into our home!

No comments: